Reminiscing my past (which I can barely remember)

 My mother has revived the cameras that captured some of the most important days of my childhood and my family's lives from 2008 to 2014 and now you all have to read the emotions that these pictures evoked in me :).


I remember my mum always scolding me for not posing properly for pictures, and I remember my first insecurity, my teeth, always making me too shy to smile in pictures. I remember these instances and emotions but they are not reflecting in the pictures I view. I see myself at ages four to six, smiling brilliantly and looking so beautiful and innocent, unaware of the things to come. This little girl feels like a different person. I can not comprehend how this body that I am was once her. She seems so much bigger than I am, so much better.

She seems much bigger than me. Much better. But I know that t's because I am no longer her, now I can appreciate all of her. It's sad and it's annoying how I can only love myself in hindsight, the love is always too late. I hate myself every year and only love myself in years past...


- M


Comments