A Fool's Quest

Reading the words of (those whom I consider to be) intelligent people and being exposed to the ways that they think and view the world is such a cherished experience, especially when I discover these people unexpectedly. These discoveries lead me on paths of self-reflection and unhealthy obsession. I scrutinise my methods of thinking and do my best to consider the perspectives that these people observe life from, fascinated by these paradigms and viewpoints that I have never learned of or considered. I idolise these thinkers and promote them to become my new ideal. Desperate attempts to mould myself in their images, throwing away any part of me that is inconsistent with their lifestyle. A fool's quest because I do not know these people truly, I can only mimic the selves that they deem fit to be publicised and I will never be intelligent if I can not fashion for myself a life of values and eduate myself appropritely. I will chase wisdom from each end of the world, blind and unwilling to recognise the fact that wisdom is a fruit of labour. I will not have it lest I work for it by reading, by researching, by experiencing more things in life, by listening to others, by witnessing the world outisde of myself.

Comments