Small Update

 It's been such a long time since I wrote anything for this blog. I feel so ashamed, nostalgic and bitter whenever I think about this page and the posts I used to make. I miss the optimism and excitement that pushed me to write, I miss the time I had on my hands, and, most of all, I miss my writing skills from before. Legal education has consumed me and has contaminated my writing. No more moving metaphors, only literal and factual statements that shall never be construed to mean anything else. My writing is so tight-laced and rigid, there is no space for interpretation and no flexibility or movement. 

More than the straight posture of my words now, my life has no news other than how the Director-General may have offended me with her unforgiving speeches or what opinions I have on the conduct of legal practitioners that I observed during my externship. All of this is only intelligible or interesting to wigs, aspiring, new and old. I barely make art and the art I manage to make I cannot say whether it is good or not. I am just happy to make it. 

Comments